Thursday, August 21, 2008

Big Day for Mr. Jackson




Jackson had an eventful day yesterday, full of "firsts". While I was cleaning the kitchen, I decided to see if Jackson could hold his bottle by himself. I had just fed him, and he wanted his bottle, but I needed to finish just a few things before I could sit down with him. We use glass bottles, so they have always been a little too heavy for him to hold. Well, to my surprise, he held it by himself for about a minute, long enough for me to run and get the camera and snap his picture. Then I think it got heavy and he wanted me to hold it for him.

Then, while Austin and I were having supper, he drank out of his sippy cup all by himself! I introduced the sippy cup a little while back, and he was really not interested. I have just been giving it to him several times a day and letting him play with it. It's a little messy, but worth it! Usually, he just ends up tossing it on the floor. I found a sippy cup with a rubbery nozzle on it that he can chew on, and he was just chewing away on it last night, and he started drinking! He did it again this morning, so I know it wasn't a fluke.

Last night, I was taking his diaper off to give him a bath, and he started clapping! I've been clapping for weeks when he does something good and saying "Yay, Jackson!". We play "Pat-a-Cake" a lot, and he likes to make my hands clap when we're at a baseball game, but this is the first time he has just clapped by himself. I got a little video of it this morning. I took the video with my digital camera, so there's no sound. Now that I know how to load video, I'll get more video of him on here. I know Grandma Marsha will want to see that!

3 comments:

The Robbins Family said...

Isn't this the most amazing thing!? I never thought I would be so excited to see a human being doing things for the first time. We are very blessed! He is getting so big! We will have to get together soon.

Stacy said...

Is it just me or does that boy get cuter every day? What a doll! I'm lovin all the picture you have been posting. It's been fun watching him change and grow via the blog.

Happy belated b-day Hoss!

Anita Pope said...

He is getting so big and so cute. Like Debbie-it is so exciting to see them do al these new things.

When I have been on your blog I didn't have my volume turned up and today I did and I just cried my eyes out from that Trace Adkins song-I have never heard it before...my songs these days are kids songs I guess. I'm going to Itunes now to get it. We for sure need to get together soon.