Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yet Another Catch-Up Post
















I have got to get better at keeping this blog updated! Let's see, what have we been up to since April?! There was Mother's Day. We were in Tulsa for Austin's All-Star football game that Saturday (Way to go, Daddy!!!), so we stayed the night and made it a little vacation. We went to the Oklahoma Aquarium on Sunday. That was really fun! I got to pet a stingray! So cool!

We went to Utah the last week of May to visit our friends and family out there. I'm so sorry we didn't get to see everyone! There just isn't ever enough time to do everything we want to do. Jackson loved seeing his grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins. He was exhausted by the end of the week! We went to the zoo while we were there. That was SO fun! The cute little girl in these pictures is our niece, Kensley. Jackson turned 17 months old while we were in Utah.

Father's Day this year was sad for us. My Grandpa Bill passed away that week, and his funeral was that Sunday. We will miss his laughter and jokes, but we know where he is, and we know we will see him again. Austin, Jackson and I went to Devil's Den on Saturday and had a great time hiking and playing in the water. We definitely have a little outdoorsman on our hands. We're going to try tent camping soon!
On the 4th of July, Jackson turned 18 moths old. Where has my little baby gone?! Jackson is growing so fast. We had his 18 month check-up, and he is in the 75th percentile for height and the 50th for weight. During the next 3 weeks, he shot up another whole inch!
Now, we've reached the end of July. Today is our 8th wedding anniversary, and I am thinking about how long we prayed and dreamed about this child that God has given us. God truly knows exactly what He's doing. We couldn't ask for a more precious little boy! We are now wanting to add to our family again, and we are trusting Him to make that happen in whatever way He chooses. Jackson needs a brother or sister, or both!!! :)
Okay, I will really try to keep up with this blog better from now on. Austin has me all fixed up with a wireless router, so I can blog from anywhere in the house. That will be much easier! I'll add more pictures soon!!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Soooo good to see you posting again!

Sooo sad to see that we missed you when you when you were in Utah.

Can't believe how fast that boy is growing. What a handsome kid!