Friday, November 20, 2009

Is it November Already???
















Hey! I just remembered I have a blog!!! I should write on it! All kidding aside, I am probably one of the worst bloggers out there. I just need to MAKE the time to do it.

Jackson is growing up SO fast. If you haven't seen him in person in a while, you'll be amazed! He runs everywhere and has now started JUMPING everywhere when he's in a jumping mood. He is absolutely hysterical to watch! He loves to sing, be read to, and watch Elmo. He has known his ABCs, pointing them out everywhere and yelling their names, for about 4 months now. He knows his numbers up to 10, and he is starting to count. We have turned his crib into a day bed, and he is doing very well in it. He gets up and comes in our room every morning all on his own. He loves to play on Mommy and Daddy's bed! Jackson is talking up a storm! His vocabulary is incredible. I've always heard that a child's vocabulary is bigger if his mother talks a lot. What does that say about me? Obviously, I'm a talker!


I know, brag, brag, brag. I am a proud mama, but our little guy is not perfect. He's very much a normal almost 2-year-old. Jackson has become very independent. He doesn't want to hold our hands when we're walking, he throws HUGE fits and is very stubborn at times. I don't know where these traits have come from, but I am SURE they didn't come from me! Well, maybe just a little bit from me. Okay, maybe a lot from me, according to the stories my parents have told me about myself at this age. Most of the time, he is pretty easy to distract, and he gets over things fairly quickly. He is always eager to give us kisses, even when he is mad. He can be in a full blown melt-down and will still turn and give us kisses if we ask. What a sweet boy!

What else? Oh! Grandpa Dan came for a visit the week before Halloween! We had SO much fun with him! Jackson loves his Grandpa Dan! We went up to Springfield one day to Bass Pro Shops. That was a lot of fun. We went down to Ponca to go hiking. It was the perfect time for us to be there. The leaves were at the height of their color, and the weather was beautiful that day. I got LOTS of great pictures!

Halloween! Jackson was Winnie the Pooh, I was Eyeore and Austin was Christopher Robin. We met our friends, Mark and Debbie, and their little girl, Lila, at the NWA mall for Trick-or-Treating. That was interesting. You get to see all kinds of people at events like that.... very interesting people. Anyway, we had fun, and I got a great kissing picture that we'll have to save for Lila and Jackson's wedding. Hee hee!

I can't believe Jackson's 2nd birthday is only about 6 weeks away! Where has the time gone?!

Jackson is up from his nap, so blogging time is over. I'll post some recent pictures ASAP.

No comments: