This morning, Daddy, Jackson and I went to Wilson Park to play on the playground. We put Jackson in a swing, which he loved. Then, we put him down in the sand. We buried his feet, and he laughed and laughed. The whole time he was in the sand, he was grinning from ear to ear. Daddy made Jackson a sand castle, then Mommy was making one, and the next thing I knew, Jackson had put a hand full of sand in his mouth! It didn't seem to bother him a bit, as you can see from the picture I got about 5 seconds later. That's me, sand in the mouth is a photo opportunity! I ate dog food when I was little, and I turned out okay. I'm sure I ate my share of sand, too.
Wilson Park has a nice preschooler area, with small slides and a climbing toy. Jackson LOVED the slide! I think he could have gone down it all day! It took two of us to do the slide, one at the top and one to catch him, so I didn't get a picture of the face he was making. He was VERY happy, I can tell you.
Then, we took Jackson to the castle. If you've ever been to Wilson Park, you know there is a castle with a pond and a bridge. I played in the castle when I was a little girl. I loved it! They have added a lot to it since then. There were three little girls there playing princess. They were having a great time! I love the way little kids can be in their own little make-believe world, and not even care that you're watching them. Jackson couldn't take his eyes off them. I can't wait to see what kind of make-believe stories Jackson comes up with someday!


2 comments:
lora!!!! what a doll!!!!!!!! i so want to just squeeze that child. i'm impressed that he's boy enough to enjoy sand. evan will still whine & want his hands cleaned if he gets into sand. what a weinie, huh?
Does that also mean Evan doesn't drag lots of dirt into the house? That might be the payoff. I have a feeling there will be a LOT of dirt and sand and rocks and sticks and frogs and whatnot drug into my house over the next 18 years or so!
Post a Comment