Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to Jackson!








Jackson is now a year old! We had a party for him, and LOTS of family and friends came to celebrate with us. Jackson loves it when people wear hats, so I asked everyone to wear one, the sillier the better! Grandma Marsha and I made tiaras to wear. Daddy's friend, Leon, wore a great umbrella hat. I didn't get a picture of him in it, though. Thanks, Leon!

Jackson decided that he was going to start walking on his birthday. He got up and walked all the way across the rug in the living room. I couldn't believe it! Since then, he has walked several times. If he has something to hold onto, like a push toy, he walks all over the place.

Jackson seemed to know just what to do with his cake. He didn't know what to do about the candle. We practiced a few days before on Mommy's birthday cake, but he still wasn't sure, so Mommy helped him out. He jumped right in and started stuffing cake into his mouth, even trying to shove his face right into it. We had to give him a bath after that!


Austin and I feel so blessed to have Jackson in our lives! We have had an exciting first year with him, and we look forward to many more milestones and adventures in the years to come!!!

No comments: