Jackson has been rolling over since he was 4 months old, but that has now become his mode of transportation. He just rolls and rolls and rolls until he gets to whatever it is he's trying to get to! I can't wait for him to discover that getting up on his hands and knees is MUCH easier. Or can I? He'll be a lot faster then. Hmmm...
Jackson is Mr. Independent already. When we eat, he tries to grab the spoon and put it in his mouth himself. His aim is not that great yet, so that's pretty funny! He gets himself in the nose a lot. Rice cereal up the nose! Jackson ate green beans yesterday for the first time, and he LOVED them! So far, he's had prunes (his FAVORITE), bananas, and green beans. We tried avocado, but I think I'm going to have to hide that in something else. He did not enjoy that flavor on its own.
Last time, I mentioned Jackson loving his Jumperoo. I was working on my Bible study last week, and he was jumping and jumping. I was concentrating hard on what I was reading. It got really quiet, and I looked up to see him fast asleep. I just love the way he folds his little hands and puts his head down on them. He's done that since he was born. I just fall more in love with that child every day!
Daddy put his hat on Jackson the other day, and Jackson loved it! He loves anything his daddy does! He gets the biggest smile on his face when Daddy gets home. It's so sweet to see my husband as a daddy. I fall more in love with him every day, too!
I have always had the hardest time getting Jackson to smile in his pictures, but suddenly today, he has become a little ham when he sees the camera! He cracks me up constantly!
Teething has been going okay. I think I can feel little bumps on his bottom gums, but I don't really see anything yet. His teething toy of choice is my finger, but I've been trying to get him to chew on other things. I got a mesh first foods bag, and I've been giving it to him with a piece of ice in it. It melts all over him, but he seems to like that better than any of the other teething rings and things I've tried. Teething tablets work pretty well, at least distracting him for a little bit. He also LOVES to chew on my chin. I know, that's kind of weird, but I love to kiss his chin, so I guess he can chew on mine. That's going to have to stop the instant I feel actual teeth! OUCH!


1 comment:
Isn't all this so fun! To see your baby doing all his firsts is the best thing. I can't believe it's been 6 months since that little monkey was born. We are truly blessed!
Post a Comment