Wednesday, January 16, 2008

He's here.




I'm so sorry I haven't posted before now! I'm finally feeling like a human again, and I have a few minutes while Jackson's sleeping in his Moby wrap to get on the computer and update this site a little bit. Jackson was born on January 4th, 2008 at 1:08 a.m., sharing a birthdate with my older brother, Heath. I love that! I think it's really neat that Jackson will get to celebrate his birthday each year with his uncle!


Austin and I went in at 5:30 in the morning on Jan. 3rd for an induction. I was given an epidural and was started on pitosin to induce contractions. I stayed that way until midnight when the doctor finally said that we were going to go ahead and do a C-section. The baby wouldn't descend. I'm so gald we went in for the C-section, because Jackson's umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck twice! Scary, but he was fine. He came out screaming and showing everyone his HUGE feet and hands! The doctor said he had hair to rival Samson (a mop of dark brown, almost black, hair) and that the Arkansas Razorbacks had better save a scholarship for him, because he was going to be a linebacker. He was 21 1/2 inches long and weighed 8 pounds and 14 ounces.


Since then, Jackson and I have been getting to know each other and learning all about eating, sleeping, and diapering. Sleeping came along a little slowly, but I think we've got that figured out now. As long as Jackson is full, he's a great sleeper.


Jackson lost some weight during his first week, but he is steadily putting that back on. He's a constant eater, and loves to be held and gaze at mommy. I love that! Austin and I have waited so long to be able to enjoy our little one. I am so thankful that Austin is able to provide for us so well that I can stay home with Jackson. Austin is a wonderful daddy! He loves to hold Jackson and talk to him. He jumps right in and does anything he can to help take care of the baby, and Jackson clearly already loves him. His little face just lights up when he hears Daddy's voice.


Long post, I know, but I was a little behind. I'll try to keep this updated better from now on. I'm still learning about how to use this site, so I hope the pictures I'm trying to post show up.

4 comments:

Gnomes & Cupcakes said...

He is beautiful!!! And you look SO happy holding him.

Anita Pope said...

He is adorable! I can't wait to meet him. I love all the dark hair!! I will add you to my blog roll. our blog is www.blakelypope.com
Remember to send me some pics for the announcments when you get a chance.
Anita :-)

Unknown said...

He is so cute!! I love your blog! I think I see a little Austin in his face!!
:) Blair

Gwen said...

Congratulations from all of us at the Assessor's office in Morgan, Utah.

We miss you !!

Gwen
Steph
Jenni
Lynne